Recent OIG Reports
Public Synopses are only a summary of a more comprehensive report of investigation submitted to the appropriate City management official(s)
The OIG routinely posts public synopses, press releases, and other reports on this website. Specific investigative reports or reviews will not be published or will be posted in a limited fashion if they contain privileged, confidential, or legally protected information. If you are having trouble accessing some of the documents on this page, please get in touch with the OIG at 443-984-3690.
- Public Synopsis of Case #23-0011-I: Bureau of Accounting and Payroll Services issued retroactive payments to a large number of City of Baltimore employees without making deductions for employee retirement contributions
- Public Synopsis of Case #23-0023-I: Department of Transportation Employee found sending numerous inappropriate emails to an External Recipient
- Public Synopsis of Case #22-0002-I: Contractor reported a false payment amount to the City for Minority Business and Women Business Enterprise Subcontracts
- Public Synopsis of Case # 20-0012-I: The vendor increased the price after BOE had already approved the contract
- Public Synopsis of Case #22-0059 -I: Alleged neglect to pay a DPW vendor
- Public Synopsis of Case #22-0049-I: Complaints regarding Baltimore City Council Meeting
- Public Synopsis of Case # 22-0052-I: Baltimore City Health Department Unsafe Environment
- Public Synopsis of Case # 22-0050-I: Department of Finance and Bureau of Revenue Collections issued a refund to the incorrect party.
- Public Synopsis of Case #21-0027-I: A lack of coordination between the Department of Human Resources and Baltimore City Rec and Parks background check processes.
- Public Synopsis of Case #22-0005-I: Department of General Services employee signed service reports for the vendor prior to completing the work.
- Public Synopsis of Case #22-0026-I: City bank account targeted by third-party fraudulent payments of $317,000.
- Public Synopsis of Case #22-0031-I: Investigation alleging the Department of Finance issued a Law Department settlement payment with the incorrect information for the intended payee.
- Public Synopsis of Case #21-0037-I: Investigation alleging theft of City property by a Department of Transportation supervisor and employees.
- Public Synopsis of Case #22-0015-I: Anonymous complaint alleging potential fraud by a Baltimore City subcontractor
- Public Synopsis of Case #21-0050-I: Investigation alleging a Baltimore Police Department officer may not have followed the BPD procurement process.
- Public Synopsis of Case #21-0047-I: Investigation found there are no procedures for Change Orders for non-construction contracts.
- Public Synopsis of Case #22-0009-I: Investigation regarding an alleged fraudulent Electronic Funds Transfer
- Public Synopsis of Case #21-0031-I: Investigation related to allegations of contract overbilling
- Public Synopsis of Case #21-0046-I: Investigation regarding the DOT Right of Way permit process
- Public Synopsis of Case #21-0032-I: Investigation of the work conditions at the BCHD Druid Sexual Health Clinic
- Public Synopsis of Case #19-0039-I: Investigation regarding former City Auction Services vendor
- Public Synopsis of Case #20-0021-I: Investigation of BCHD Sexual Health Clinics
- Public Synopsis of Case #21-0049-I: Allegation of simultaneous telework employment
- Public Synopsis of Case #21-0025-I: Allegation of BPD Officer receiving preferential treatment in the assignment of overtime hours.
- Public Synopsis of Case #21-0023-I: Baltimore City Fire Department's take-home vehicle policy
- Public Synopsis of Case #21-0001-I: Potential area of financial waste regarding BCIT employees' separation from City service