Recent OIG Reports
The OIG routinely posts public synopses, press releases and other reports on this website. Certain investigative reports or reviews will not be posted, or will be posted in a limited fashion if they contain privileged, confidential or legally protected information. If you are having trouble accessing some of the documents on this page, please contact the OIG at 443-984-3690.
- Public Synopsis of Case # 20-0008-I: Inspector General clears two City employees of "wasteful" spending on out-of-town travel.
- Public Synopsis of Case #20-0004-I: Misconduct by City employee after review of potentially offensive tweets.
- Public Synopsis of 19-0047-I: Waste of City funds and health & safety violations at Department of Public Works', Bureau of Solid Waste.
- Public Synopsis of #19-0082-I: Security Breach in the Abel Wolman Municipal Building by a terminated Department of Public Works employee.
- Public Synopsis of #19-0059-I: Department of Transportation manager publicly humiliated and demeaned DOT employees.
- Public Synopsis of #19-0027-I: Baltimore Police Department Marine Unit’s supervisor misused City resources related to the salvage of an abandoned boat in the Inner Harbor. A combined loss to the City for this operation was determined to be $30,142.25.
- Public Synopsis of #19-0054-I: Two Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) employees committed time abuse, living outside of Maryland.
- Public Synopsis of #19-0046-I: DOT Manager committed time and attendance fraud and drove for a ridesharing service during regular work hours.
- Public Synopsis of #19-00-69-I: City employee misused his work computer to access thousands of explicit images.
- Public Synopsis of #19-0017-I: Department of Transportation mismanagement of equipment.